Police Misconduct takes on many forms, whether it is outright excessive force during the arrest or at the police station or perjury when dealing with the courthouse. If a police officer victimizes you, a person that he or she has a right to protect, it is misconduct. Police abuse and excessive force can take on forms such as;
* beating and/or kicking
* unreasonable use of restraint
* intimidation and/or coercing confession
* planting and/or fabricating evidence
* unreasonable weapon use (such as with batons, pepper spray, tasers or police dogs)
* improper and unreasonable shooting
The list could stretch on and on, but Police Misconduct is an unfortunate reality of our country today, that should not pass without justice. The reasoning behind Police Misconduct are varied. It can be due to poor police training, pressure to rack up convictions or simply bad judgment. In more extreme cases it comes down to overt racism and cruelty.
Whatever the reason behind it, Police Misconduct should never be permissible. If it happens to you, you have a right to justice. Contact The Law Firm of Kallis & Associates today at 888-441-1529.